Pages

7/09/2011

The Image Destruction of Hatsune Miku




 What comes to mind when you hear the name "Hatsune Miku?"  If you said ANYTHING other than "bacon wrapped hotdogs" then there is nothing wrong with you.


Why Toyota?  .....Why?





Their model looks ugly too. 




Whoever made that model should study the Project Diva model a little more.

Miku Perfection
When I saw the first Miku Toyota commercial I was excited to see Miku being recognized outside of Japan in a place that wasn't an anime convention.  I wanted to see how far she could make it here in the states but as far as I can tell the only people who are taking notice are people who already know and love her.  And almost all the attention is bad(for good reason).  Now, pleasant surprise and anticipation has turned into a great depression as I imagine more companies not wanting to use Miku's image out of fear that they won't get it right.  I really do wish someone would step in and give Miku the quality exposure she deserves.


14 comments:

  1. I still haven't actually watched any of these commercials (and I don't want to). What puzzles me is the source of these new commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that she SHOULDN'T be anywhere outside of Japan. This whole thing just angers me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't she have a concert recently where it was just a hologram of her playing? Really weird stuff, like the virtual popstar from Macross Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, she's our time's Sharon Apple. Though, it wasn't really a hologram. Every media outlet that talked about the show mistook it for a true hologram. It's actually a 3d model projected onto a transparent screen. She's still two dimensional on stage but since the screen is transparent it creates the illusion of three dimensions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the Toyota one and haven't bothered to check out any of the others...sounds like I'm making a good decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What the fuck gave them the idea for bacon wrapped hotdogs being Miku's dream or whatever the hell they're saying... It's times like these I dislike America.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I can't get bacon wrapped hot dogs out of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why did Toyota ruin her image in those ads :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why did Totota ruin her image????!!!! I wish that one day that Miku will be more liked for good reasons though....

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not Toyota ;/ It's Yamaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. you know... anyone think it´s that much expensive pay a korean/japanese artist???

    Or this have something to do with they call pride? Anyway they have to work in a better joke first...

    see ya
    mr.poneis

    ReplyDelete